Arthur Cox is the only Irish law firm with a dedicated telecoms practice. Our depth and range of experience in the telecoms sector is unrivalled, having advised operators and investors on every conceivable aspect of competition and State aid, corporate and M&A matters, regulation, enforcement, infrastructure and operation in Ireland.
The Group has been involved in almost every major transaction in Ireland over the past 30 years and has advised eircom Limited, Meteor Mobile Communications Limited and Vodafone Ireland Limited. Members of the Group have also been involved in framing relevant legislation and in significant telecoms regulatory and commercial cases before the Irish High Court.
The Group also assists clients in their dealings with regulators and public authorities, such as the Commission for Communications Regulation (“ComReg”) including in the context of statutory appeals, judicial reviews, competition complaints and defence, and regulatory compliance.
- Advising Digital 9 Infrastructure plc (managed by Triple Point Investment Management), on its agreement to acquire eir’s majority stake in Tetra Ireland (the exclusive operator of public safety wireless networks across Ireland)
- Advised the shareholders of Strencom, a leading secure connectivity and cloud solutions company, on its sale to Welltel
- Advised Welltel, one of Ireland’s fastest growing communications and IT companies, on its private equity investment by Livingbridge LLP
- Advised eir Business on its €80 million merger with ICT group Evros
- Advised Openet on its acquisition by Amdocs
- Advised Cellnex Telecom on its €210 million acquisition of telecoms infrastructure from Cignal and separately advised Phoenix Tower International on its agreement with eir to purchase over 650 existing wireless towers and acquire over 700 newly constructed wireless towers over eight years across Ireland through a build-to-suit programme for an estimated €300 million
- Advised the winning consortium on the successful tender, equity raise and rollout of National Broadband Ireland (NBI)
- Advised eir, the largest telecommunications company in Ireland, on the corporate and regulatory aspects of its acquisition by NJJ / Iliad, with a reported deal value of €5 billion
- Advised Brookfield Asset Management on corporate, regulatory and merger control aspects of its acquisition of a majority stake in Imagine Communications Group, an independent provider of fixed wireless high-speed broadband services, reported at €120 million
- Advised eir on its engagement with the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment and with ComReg in relation to the rollout of the National Broadband Plan