+353 1 920 2466
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
Stephen is Of Counsel with the firm’s Insurance Group. He has significant experience in the areas of insurance, reinsurance, financial regulation and mergers and acquisitions for insurance undertakings.
Prior to joining the firm, Stephen gained significant experience in the insurance sector as a senior in-house counsel advising a large, US-based multinational life and non-life insurer in respect of its European and EMEA business, advising on M&A transactions, portfolio transfers, reinsurance treaties, Solvency II and other regulatory matters, ESG issues, risk management, outsourcing and corporate governance.
- Advising on multi-jurisdictional insurance M&A transactions, including share sales, portfolio transfers, regulatory filings, transitional services and the coordination of due diligence
- Advising on reinsurance arrangements, including Solvency II admissibility considerations for reinsurance and supporting collateral arrangements
- Advising on regulatory and contractual aspects of the outsourcing of critical or important functions or activities
- Advising on the implementation of recent legislation and regulatory requirements, including Solvency II, the Insurance Distribution Directive, the Shareholders Rights Directive II, the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation and the proposed Senior Executive Accountability Regime
Education & Qualifications
• BCL, 2005, University College Dublin
• Admitted as an attorney in New York State, 2007
• Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2010
• Member of the Law Society of Ireland
• Diploma in Finance, 2015, University of London