John advises on all aspects of Irish insolvency law and corporate recovery, with particular emphasis on corporate restructuring, through both formal and informal insolvency procedures.
John regularly advises insolvency practitioners, creditors, regulators and borrowers in relation to their rights, obligations and options arising in the context of all forms of formal and informal insolvency and restructuring related matters and proceedings. John also advises investors on all aspects of the diligence, acquisition, servicing and restructuring and work-out of distressed debt assets.
- Advising a syndicate of senior lenders on the reorganisation of the Quinn Group
- Advising Musgrave Group in relation to its acquisition of the Superquinn business and related assets from a receiver appointed by a bank syndicate
- Advising Total Produce plc in relation to its acquisition, through a joint venture, of an interest in the business and certain assets of Flancare (Clonmel) Distribution Limited from a provisional liquidator
- Advising the directors of and the investors in McSweeney Group in relation to its successful petition for, and emergence from, examinership
- Advising the directors of and the investors in Fallon & Byrne Limited in relation to its successful petition for, and emergence from, examinership
- Advising Musgrave Group in relation to its acquisition of the business of SuperValu Churchtown and related assets from a receiver appointed by the vendors’ bankers
- LL.B, 2000, Trinity College, Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2004
- Member of The Law Society of Ireland
- Member of Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
John Donald is “very practical and versatile.”
The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa, 2019
John Donald is “very proactive and willing to help with long hours.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2019
John Donald is a “talented lawyer” with a strong reputation in the restructuring and insolvency field.
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2018
The “tenacious and strategically minded John Donald is the go-to guy on large, complex assignments.”
Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2017