+44 28 9026 5539
Chris is a partner in the Employment Law Group of the Arthur Cox Belfast Office in Northern Ireland.
Chris has extensive experience dealing with both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters. Chris advises a range of employers on all aspects of employment law including executive appointments, severance, grievances, disciplinary issues and trade union matters. Chris has represented clients before the Industrial Tribunal, Fair Employment Tribunal and the Court of Appeal in Northern Ireland in employment litigation such as unfair dismissal, equality/discrimination and whistleblowing. Chris’ practice area includes advisory work and corporate transactions.
- Represented a leading NI food producer in the defence of a discrimination claim in the Industrial Tribunal.
- Advised employers on protected disclosure/whistleblowing investigations.
- Advised a publicly listed company in the UK on a holiday pay dispute.
- Worked with international law firms on multi-jurisdictional employment projects.
- Advised a publicly listed company in the UK in relation to trade union recognition.
- Represented a US temperature-controlled warehouse and distribution company in the defence of a claim before the Industrial Tribunal and the Court of Appeal in Northern Ireland relating to constructive dismissal and whistleblowing.
- Advised a major aerospace company in respect of employment and immigration matters.
- Advised a global music streaming service provider on TUPE and related matters in the context of an acquisition.
- Advised a leading airline in relation to flexible working arrangements for its cabin crew staff.
Education & Qualifications
- LL B (Hons), 2013, Queen’s University Belfast
- Certificate of Professional Legal Studies, 2015, Institute of Professional Legal Studies
- Admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, 2015
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, 2022