Public Law Disputes
Our market-leading team has extensive expertise in dealing with public and administrative law matters.
We advise on a wide range of public law issues including advising on statutory interpretation and implementation of relevant legislation, freedom of information, public procurement disputes, public law and business critical litigation, regulatory investigations, statutory and non-statutory inquiries, tribunals and commissions of inquiry, and procedures and policies relating to various public bodies and regulatory bodies.
Combining the experience of multi-disciplinary teams from across the firm we advise clients in all sectors including public authorities, regulatory bodies, financial institutions, education institutions, schools and private corporates.
- Acting for Genomics Ireland on the first successful appeal of a decision of the Health Research Consent Declaration Committee under the Health Research Regulations concerning the use of genetic data
- Acting for Island Capital in bringing judicial review proceedings against the IBRC Commission of Investigation which centred on the retention of privileged documentation and the interpretation of terms of reference
- Acting for Trinity College Dublin in procurement litigation concerning the Book of Kells ticketing services contract
- Acting for St Vincent’s Healthcare Group DAC in a High Court appeal of a decision of the Office of the Information Commissioner requiring certain information to be furnished under the Freedom of Information Act 2014
- Acting for the National Maternity Hospital in its successful judicial review of a decision by The Minister for Health to direct HIQA to carry out an investigation of the Hospital under Section 9 of the Health Act 2007
- Acting for a private individual in judicial review proceedings against the Health Service Executive in relation to the Health Service Executive’s statutory obligations regarding the provision of an appropriate residential placement and the assessment and provision of health and personal social services
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
T: +353 1 920 1000
F: +353 1 920 1020
E: [email protected]