Real Estate Northern Ireland
Arthur Cox’s Real Estate Group in Belfast is one of Northern Ireland’s leading real estate practices. We have unrivalled experience of the local commercial real estate market, having been involved in most of the major commercial real estate projects carried out in Northern Ireland in recent years.
Our clients span the entire property spectrum from private developers to Government departments.
A number of members of the Real Estate Group in Belfast are qualified to advise on property law both in Northern Ireland and in England & Wales and regularly act in both jurisdictions. We also work closely with our Dublin office to provide clients with a seamless service where their business extends to the Republic of Ireland.
Our reputation is founded on proven professional skills, a thorough understanding of our clients’ requirements, an emphasis on sound judgment and a practical approach to solving real estate issues. Our areas of expertise include:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Commercial leasing
- Commercial development and site assembly
- Joint ventures
- Development funding
- Secured lending
In addition, the Real Estate Group has developed a number of sub-specialisms. Our Real Estate Group in Belfast has leading lawyers with expertise in construction, environmental, planning, licensing and real estate finance.
- Acting for Paddy Power Plc in relation to all property and licensing aspects of its first acquisition of a chain of betting shops in Northern Ireland
- Advising the Department of Health Social Services and Public Safety in relation to the implementation of the Primary and Community Care Programme throughout Northern Ireland including the development of hybrid contractual and leasing structures. The programme has a capital value of £548 million
- Advising Moyle District Council in respect of the redevelopment by the National Trust of the visitor facilities at the Giants’ Causeway (Northern Ireland’s only World Heritage Site)
- Advising Musgrave Retail Partners NI Limited on a variety of property acquisitions, disposals and leases of supermarkets and convenience stores in connection with the ongoing roll-out of its brand throughout Northern Ireland
- Acting for two shortlisted bidders in relation to the proposed acquisition of George Best Belfast City Airport
- Advising Amey Plc on the property aspects of the Belfast Schools PPP Project. The programme has a capital value of c. £500 million
- Advising a consortium of three housing associations on the development of an eco-village on the site of the former Grosvenor Barracks in Enniskillen
- Advising arc 21 (11 local authorities in the east of Northern Ireland including Belfast) on all property and planning aspects of the procurement of an Energy from Waste Facility and two Mechanical and Biological Treatment Facilities for Northern Ireland
T: +44 28 9023 0007
F: +44 28 9023 3464
E: [email protected]