Alastair heads Arthur Cox’s Real Estate Group in Belfast, Northern Ireland. He has significant experience across the full spectrum of real estate matters.
He advises numerous clients who hold extensive and diverse property interests in Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain. Alastair’s practice encompasses: acquisition and disposal of all aspects of commercial real estate (including brown field sites); commercial leasing (for both landlord and tenant); advising on contentious property matters; and negotiating warranties and indemnities in connection with the acquisition and disposal of industrial going concerns. Such practice also encompasses responsibility for the Environment and Planning Group in Belfast. Alastair has a strong presence and client roster in the social and affordable housing sector.
- Lead property adviser to The Crown Estate in relation to its Northern Irish portfolio
- Acting for Four Seasons Healthcare in relation to its Northern Irish properties (including the £1.2bn sale of the Four Seasons Healthcare Group of Companies)
- Lead property adviser to Apex Housing Association
- Advising the purchaser in the £360m+ purchase of Foyleside (Londonderry) and Forestside (Belfast) Shopping Centres
- Advising the purchaser of Cityside and Shane Retail Parks (both Belfast)
- Advising the purchaser of the Obel Tower, Belfast (Irelands tallest building)
- Advising CRH Plc on the property aspects of the acquisition of Cemex
- Advising Bunzl Plc in the pre-let/pre-fund of a circa 1,000 square feet state of the art warehouse and distribution centre in County Armagh
- Advising Tralee Portfolio Management LLC/Ability Insurance Company on its acquisition (out of Administration) of the 5 star Lough Erne Hotel Golf & Spa Resort
- Advising Citigroup on its Northern Irish property interests, most recently the purchase of its 130,000 sq ft Gateway Office