Patrick is a senior associate in the Corporate and M&A Group specialising in public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, equity capital markets, corporate reorganisations and commercial contracts.
Patrick advises on both domestic and cross border transactions across various industries and on a broad range of matters including public and private mergers and acquisitions, equity capital market transactions, joint venture arrangements, private equity investments, corporate reorganisations, restructurings, general corporate governance and securities law advice for publicly listed and private companies.
He has advised on some of the most high-profile corporate transactions in recent years, including public takeovers, private M&A, schemes of arrangement and joint ventures.
He is based in the New York office of Arthur Cox and also advises international clients on inward investment and corporate governance matters.
- Advising Permanent TSB plc on its acquisition of certain elements of the Ulster Bank retail, SME and asset finance businesses
- Advising Strongbridge Biopharma on its takeover by Xeris Pharmaceuticals
- Advising Montagu on its agreement to acquire a strategic stake in Waystone and its acquisition of Universal Investments
- Advising Cafento on its acquisition of a majority stake in Java Republic
- Advising a group of unsecured creditors on an Irish law Scheme of Arrangement presented by Nordic Aviation Capital DAC to restructure more than €5 billion of debt
- Advising Tiger Global on its investments in Workvivo, Scalapay and Flipdish
- Advising State Street, Progress Software Corporation, Inchcape plc, Mitel and Hubbell Corporation on the establishment of companies and operations in Ireland and ongoing corporate and other legal matters
- Advising a search fund led by Mission Spring Ventures and Pacific Lake Partners on its acquisition of ETU, a leading immersive and simulation-based learning provider
- Advising many leading financial institutions and US private equity houses with respect to the acquisition and sale of certain Irish loan portfolios and other assets
- Advising a large US private equity house with respect to a significant acquisition of barrels of Irish Whiskey in Ireland
“Patrick Munnelly is all over the detail, very invested in client success.”
IFLR1000, 33rd Ed., 2023
Education & Qualifications
- BCL, 2014, National University of Ireland Galway
- LLM (International Commercial Law), 2015, University College Dublin
- Admitted as a solicitor in Ireland, 2019
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, 2019
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Irish Tax Institute