Belinda (admitted in Australia) works in our Financial Regulation Group and advises across a broad range of licensing, compliance and regulatory matters. She regularly advises banks, fintechs and other financial institutions.
Belinda advises a range of banks, fintechs, non-bank lenders on a range of threshold licensing considerations and associated compliance obligations, including conduct of business, AML/CFT, credit reporting and other requirements. She has advised on financial services M&A, residential mortgage loan book sales and voluntary licensing revocations for banks, e-money institutions and third country branches. Apart from her Irish experience, Belinda has previously worked in Australia and has advised Australia’s big 4 domestic banks, credit unions and non-bank lenders with a range of financial regulatory and compliance matters.
- Education and Qualifications
- 2009 – Bachelor of Laws, University of Queensland
- 2009 – Bachelor of Arts (Double major in International Relations), University of Queensland
- 2016 – Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland (2016) and the High Court of Australia (2016)
- Member of the Queensland Law Society