David is a Partner in the Arthur Cox Belfast office, specialising in Corporate and Commercial matters including corporate M&A and energy.
David’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, investments, corporate reorganisations and restructuring for a wide range of industries. In particular, David has extensive expertise in advising on mergers and acquisitions, investments and regulatory matters in the energy sector. David also advises private and public sector clients across the full range of company and commercial law areas, such as joint ventures, private equity, general commercial contract work and corporate governance. Prior to joining Arthur Cox, David worked for a leading international law firm in London.
- Advising on the multi-million pound sales of distributed wind portfolios in Northern Ireland and Great Britain
- Advising ERG UK Holding Ltd on the acquisition of merchanted windfarm Craiggore from RES
- Advising Viridian Group on the reported €1billion sale to I-Squared Capital
- Advising Centrica plc on its acquisition by way of privatisation of Bord Gáis Energy
- Advising Gas Natural Fenosa on the purchase of the Irish gas and electricity marketer, Vayu Limited
- Advising the Department for the Economy in relation to its grant funding of the £200M expansion of the gas network in Northern Ireland
- Advising a number of developers on the acquisition, development and financing of large-scale wind, small-scale wind, anaerobic digestion and CHP projects
- Advising a large US listed company on the USD 1.3 billion purchase of the entire issued share capital of one of the largest NI agri-food producers
- Advising a global warehouse and distribution chain on the acquisition of a leading logisitics group within the UK
- LLB (Hons), 2008, Newcastle University
- Legal Practice Course, 2010, BPP Law School
- MBA (Legal Services), 2011, BPP Business School
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, 2012
- Admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, 2013