Darina is Head of Legal Projects in the firm’s Legal Tech and Innovation Services practice group. Darina leads document and data review projects for clients by combining legal skills with the latest technology.
Darina is a senior property and finance lawyer with over 25 years’ experience both in private practice and in industry. Darina’s key areas of expertise include commercial & residential property, finance & banking, loan portfolio sales and acquisitions and commercial contract review. Darina has extensive leadership & management experience and leads multi-disciplinary teams that assist with data review and due diligence transactions, loan portfolio sales & acquisitions, remediation projects and the preparation of transaction documents for completion. She also supports clients in the management of external stakeholders and 3rd party servicers and in the provision and management of in-house virtual data rooms.
- Lloyds Banking Group – led a team supporting the client in the sale of its Irish residual residential mortgage book (€4.6 billion). Involved the sale of 27,000 loans. Key work streams included review and due diligence of loans & the security, preparation of vendor due diligence reports, remediation of legal issues, preparation of transfer schedules, management of client deeds and documents, project management & reporting including management of 3rd party stakeholders
- Goldman Sachs – carried out vendor due diligence and searches on the sale of a large loan portfolio including coordinating and preparing a searches tracker and legal documents for upload to the data site and the preparation of closing transfer schedules
- CarVal- remediation of an identified high value pool of loans within a large loan portfolio – issues included prior charges, registration issues & outstanding undertakings
- Goldman Sachs /CarVal – coordination and oversight of panel firm remediation of a pool of indemnified loans within a large loan portfolio. Role involved centralised reporting, managing and oversight of progress and co-ordinating 3rd party fees
- KBC Bank – carried out vendor due diligence and searches on the sale of a large loan portfolio including coordinating and preparing a due diligence tracker, naming, scanning and uploading legal documents to the data site and the preparation of closing transfer schedules
- Goldman Sachs – searches projects across a large loan portfolio (CRE and residential properties) – buy and sell side
- Pepper – ongoing outsourcing project managing title deeds to multiple loan portfolios , including maintaining a deeds location log, recalling deeds from 3rd party firms and releasing deeds on ATR
- Ulster Bank – supported an in-house legal team in the co-ordination and oversight of 3rd party remediation on an indemnified pool of loans post sale.
- Property portfolio sale – review and comparison of lease documents and extraction of key commercial clauses in connection with a large property portfolio sale
- BCL, 1991, UCD
- Admitted as a solicitor, 1995
- Member of Law Society of Ireland