Dan practised as a Real Estate Lawyer for more than 40 years and was involved in all types of Real Estate transactions, more recently concentrating on commercial Real Estate.
He has acted for clients buying, selling, leasing and funding houses, housing developments, shopping centres, other retail outlets, offices, industrial properties, hotels, leisure and mixed developments comprising all or some of these elements. He acted in many property acquisitions by high net worth individuals. Dan was made a partner in 1971. He retired from the Partnership in 2009 and is now a consultant with the firm.
- Acted as property adviser to a large number of US, German and other European companies who set up manufacturing plants in Ireland
- Acted in the purchase of all of Intel’s initial properties in Leixlip
- Acted in the purchase and sale of Gateway’s property in Clonshaugh and 3Coms property in Ballycoolin
- Acted in the sale and leaseback with Friends Provident of Tech Group’s property in Damastown Industrial Estate, Mulhuddart, County Dublin
- Acted for tenants such as AOL, Rand Technologies and several others in City West having acted in the original acquisition of City West by what is now known as Davy Hickey Properties
- Dan was a legal adviser to Bective Rangers Rugby Football Club, the Golfing Union of Ireland and Portmarnock and Woodbrook Golf Clubs
- Dan is a non Executive Director of a number of companies and is currently Chairman of the Catholic Housing Aid