Arthur Cox Tops Mergermarket M&A Legal Adviser League Tables for 2020
Arthur Cox has topped Mergermarket’s league table of Irish M&A legal advisers by both deal value and volume for 2020, having also topped the table in 2019. In 2020, the firm advised on 32 notified transactions valued at over US$8,222 million. Those transactions include advising:
- Flutter Entertainment plc on its accelerated acquisition of 37.2% of FanDuel Group Parent LLC from Fastball Holdings LLC and separately on its all-share acquisition of The Stars Group
- Aon plc on its all-share combination with Willis Towers Watson plc
- Appian Asset Management Limited on its acquisition by Gresham House plc
- Gallagher Holdings Limited (GHL) on its recommended cash offer for Abbey plc (Euronext Dublin and AIM)
- Fusion Fuel in its IPO through a merger with HL Acquisitions Corp., a SPAC
- Further Global Capital Management on its acquisition of the AA Ireland group
- LRN Corporation on its acquisition of Interactive Services
- Openet on its acquisition by Amdocs
- Madison Dearborn Partners on its acquisition of IPL Plastics Inc.
- Phoenix Tower International on its acquisition of eir’s wireless towers business
Commenting on the rankings, Cian McCourt, Partner and Head of Corporate and M&A Group at Arthur Cox, said: “Mergers and acquisitions are at the core of our practice and we are very pleased to have supported our clients across a range of transformative mandates in 2020. This ranking is an endorsement of our leading position in the Irish market and the quality of our M&A team.”
Arthur Cox is the leading practice in Ireland in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance and was recently named European Corporate Team of the Year at the Lawyer European Awards 2020. Read more here.