Colm is a Partner in the Finance Group in the Belfast Office.
Colm advises banks, private equity funds and corporate borrowers on a wide range of domestic and international finance transactions including asset finance, property finance, maritime finance, acquisition finance, construction finance, syndicated and bilateral loans. Colm also has significant experience in debt restructuring, loan sales and security enforcement.
- Acting for NAMA in the sale of £4.5 billion of its Northern Irish loan portfolio to Cerberus Capital Management
- Acting for the University of Ulster in relation to raising £150 million from the European Investment Bank to fund various campus developments
- Acting for a syndicate of financial institutions in relation to financing the acquisition of a major UK wide care home operator
- Acting for Lloyds Banking Group in respect of the sale of a Northern Irish portfolio of loans
- Acting for Danske Bank in relation to an international ship finance transaction
- Advising a major private equity fund in relation to the workout of their Northern Irish loan book
- Advising Ulster Bank Limited in relation to the restructuring of a major construction company
- Acting for Bank of Ireland in relation to the restructuring of a major concrete products manufacturer
- Acting for Siemens in relation to the financing of the construction of a gas storage facility
- Acting for a major developer in relation to financing six PRS schemes in Northern Ireland