Water and Wastewater
At Arthur Cox, our Water and Wastewater team’s substantial experience covers all aspects of water sector legal advice, from regulatory, strategic and policy advices through to project financing, environmental and implementation matters.
In addition to our strong record on water infrastructure development, we advise a range of water companies in the private sector on everything from major PPP concessions to corporate transactions. Arthur Cox has advised on many of Ireland’s largest water and wastewater projects including joint venture consortia and participants offering specialist advice across the full spectrum of relevant disciplines, from contract negotiations to achieving financial close including:
- Domestic and EU water and wastewater regulation
- Design Build Operate and Maintain municipal water treatment projects.
- Water metering schemes
- Subcontracting of Design-Build and Operation and Maintenance functions.
- Strategic environmental assessment of water programmes.
- Environmental impact assessment of water projects
- Public Procurement
- Acting for the successful international consortium, comprising AWG plc, Celtic Anglian Water Ltd, Coffey Construction Ltd & Purac Ltd, undertaking the Design, Build Operation and Maintenance of the Waterford Wastewater Treatment Works.
- Acting for the successful international consortium, comprising AWG plc, Celtic Anglian Water Ltd, Coffey Construction Ltd & Purac Ltd, undertaking the Design, Build Operation and Maintenance of the Sligo Wastewater Treatment Works.
- Advising the designer, TJ O’Connor & Associates, in respect of the civil works for the Osberstown Sewerage Sludge Treatment Plant for Kildare County Council.
- Advising AWG plc (formerly Anglian Water plc) and Celtic Anglian Water Limited in respect of the Cork water metering project.
- Advising Celtic Anglian Water Limited in respect of its operation and maintenance of the Dublin Bay Wastewater Treatment works, one of the largest in Europe.
Ten Earlsfort Terrace
T: +353 1 920 1000
F: +353 1 920 1020
E: [email protected]