Lizanne joined the Property Finance practice in Arthur Cox in May 2016.
She has broad experience advising on diverse property transactions, including estate management, acquisitions and disposal of property, landlord and tenant work, advising insolvency practitioners on disposal strategies for assets, both residential and commercial, advising banks and other asset based lenders on all property aspects of secured lending, as well as advising on multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Advising, as part of a team, on transactions involving the financing, sale and purchase of actively trading shopping centres and dealing with all relevant title points, due diligence reporting and lease reports and/or Certificates of Title, together with associated overview reports
- Acting for an unnamed American Equity Fund in relation to the work out of its purchase of several large loan portfolios, including dealing with individual sales, portfolio property sales, loan book sales and discreet areas of property law, such as landlord and tenant advice.
- Advising, as part of the team, an unnamed American Equity Fund on a debt acquisition valued at over £100 million in relation to 30 plus Northern Irish property assets, negotiating Certificates of Title and providing high level due diligence reporting and risk analysis to the client
- Acting for AIB Group (UK) plc trading as First Trust Bank in relation to an Agri-Food Loan Scheme relating to the property elements of financing of new broiler houses across Northern Ireland
- Acting for Bank of Ireland (UK) plc and the Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland on the property aspects of taking new security and the re-organisation of existing security, preparing or negotiating Certificates of Titles (as appropriate) and providing any necessary due diligence
- Acting for Ulster Bank Limited on the property aspects of taking new security, preparing or negotiating Certificates of Titles (as appropriate) and providing any necessary due diligence
- Acting for Barclays plc on the property aspects of taking new security, preparing or negotiating Certificates of Titles (as appropriate) and providing any necessary due diligence
- Acting for a high profile hotel chain, in relation to the Northern Irish property aspects, in a multi-jurisdictional sale of certain of its assets
- Acting for unnamed Equity Funds on all property aspects in relation to the financing of a broad range of property assets including retail parks, purpose built student accommodation, private hospitals and hotels and on the acquisition of large loan portfolios, including advising on title issues and occupational tenancy advice
- Experienced in estate management, having acted for owners of large portfolios of property, both within the public and private sectors, including advising on potential acquisitions and disposals, the statutory position regarding landlord and tenant relationship and regulations governing private tenancies
- Certificate of Professional Legal Studies
- LLB Law and Government (Joint Hons)
- Dip Advertising
- BA (Joint Hons) English and Philosophy
- Admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland, 2005