Declan is a senior member of the Financial Regulation Group. He advises a wide range of domestic and international financial institutions, including banks, investment firms, e-money firms and money lenders.
Declan’s experience includes providing advice on authorisation requirements, anti-money laundering, payment services, Central Bank of Ireland investigations and compliance with conduct of business rules. Declan also has extensive experience advising both sellers and purchasers in loan portfolio sales. Declan previously worked in the banking department of another Irish corporate law firm and the Legal Department of Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. He has also completed a secondment in the Legal Division of the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Advising the special liquidators of IBRC on the sale of the INBS residential loan portfolio
- Advising Lloyds Banking Group on its Irish loan portfolio disposals
- Advising private equity firms on the acquisition of Irish loan portfolios
- Advising a number of crypto-currency exchanges on the regulatory requirements relating to crypto-currencies
- Assisting regulated financial service providers with their Brexit planning
- Advising on the regulatory aspects of securitisations and warehousing facilities
- Advising a number of international banks on the implementation of MiFID 2
- Advising on large regulatory compliance projects including in relation to the SME Lending Regulations, the Consumer Protection Code, the Code of Conduct on Mortgage Arrears and the Credit Reporting Act