Anthony is a senior associate in the Asset Management and Investment Funds Group. Anthony advises on a wide range of UCITS and AIF structures which employ a variety of investment strategies including plain vanilla equity, passive, smart beta, fund of funds, hedge funds, private debt and private equity.
Anthony has worked closely with many large clients as well as smaller boutique clients on offering document and fund structure overhauls required as a result of various European financial services directives. More recently Anthony has worked with asset managers to ensure SFDR and Taxonomy related changes for existing and new product ranges are implemented effectively and on time. Anthony has also been heavily involved in transitioning several investment funds which were previously designated as self-managed investment companies to investment funds with externally appointed management companies.
Anthony has worked in both New York and London and has completed secondments with two of the World’s largest asset managers and a third party management company provider in Ireland.
- Advising on the establishment of one of the first investment limited partnerships in Ireland.
- Working closely with the legal and product teams in a number of asset managers with respect to the expansion of their product offerings and in particular ETF platforms.
- Implementing investment policy changes for existing fund products including portfolio and share class hedging as well as leverage overhauls.
- Analysing the impact of ongoing regulatory updates on existing fund structures and processes
- Arranging for the revocation and liquidation of products which are at the end of their investment cycle
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Civil Law, 2008, University College Dublin
- Commercial Law Masters, 2009, University College Dublin
- Admitted as a Solicitor in Ireland, 2014, Law Society of Ireland
- Diploma in Finance Law, 2014, Law Society of Ireland