Maritime and Shipping
Arthur Cox has acted both for lenders, borrower and other participants in all manner of vessel financings. These include club, bilateral and syndicated financings both on a domestic and cross-border basis involving individuals, corporates and partnerships.
Corporate and Contact
Work has included advising on marine insurance, moorage issues, contractual and corporate issues, on employment contracts of stevedores and crews, on joint ventures, tax issues, carriage of goods and on conversion of vessels.
We have represented P&I Clubs in connection with ship arrests, collisions and surveys, including in respect of damage to cargo, and has expertise in all kinds of investigations including criminal investigations into the fishing industry and with respect to collisions.
We are very familiar with the statutory and other legal basis of the various port and water authorities and the competition and regulatory framework (including EC and national measures) around this.
- Advising on issues of wet and dry maritime law, including acting in a number of arrests of vessels and disputes over cargos, charterparties and related issues as well as funding ship construction
- Advising TS Marine on the Irish aspects of the refinancing by ABN AMRO of the build of two vessels by members of the TS Marine Group
- Advising Foynes Harbour on property and planning issues
- Advising Irish Water in respect of the Cork Lower Harbour drainage scheme
- Advising National Oil Reserves Agency in relation to fuel storage at Dublin Port