Arthur Cox represents a large proportion of overseas investment in Ireland. The firm acts for North American, European and other international clients and represents over 350 overseas companies with Irish operations.
The firm represents a large number of international clients, from well-known multinational corporations to emerging and growth companies. Our international clients come from all sectors, including heavy manufacturers, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies, high technology businesses, digital technology, internet and social media companies and tax driven financial services operations. In particular, we have advised many of the leading names in the pharmaceutical/ biosciences, technology and financial services areas with respect to the establishment of a diverse range of Irish operations. We have both an understanding of foreign law concepts and issues and unparalleled experience in dealing with development structures and grant agreements and this has proven to be of unique value to our overseas clients.
We advise on the full range of issues governing all aspects of foreign direct investment work, including:
- Tax planning and advice on appropriate tax and corporate structures, including holding companies
- Company incorporation
- Advice on intellectual property development, licensing and protection
- Negotiation of the development agency grant agreement
- Advice on general corporate matters and corporate governance
- Company secretarial
- Advice on employment law and employee benefits
- Real Estate
- Environmental and planning law advice
- Advice on commercial contracts and terms and conditions of trade