Real Estate Finance
Our real estate finance practice has extensive experience in advising both borrowers and lenders on structuring and documenting all types of secured and unsecured real estate finance arrangements (from individual assets to nationwide portfolios).
Offering a comprehensive understanding of all elements of real estate financing, our advice covers all types of real estate financings including:
- syndicated and mezzanine real estate finance
- real estate acquisition financing
- real estate re-financings
- development finance (including environmental and planning advice)
- funding to non-profit sectors such as social housing and charitable institutions
- real estate acquisitions
- loan/portfolio acquisitions
- commercial loan servicing and portfolio loan servicing
Drawing on the experience and market knowledge of banking, capital markets, funds, real estate, environmental, planning and tax practice groups, we provide a comprehensive service advising on all elements of real estate financing transactions.
- Advising Fairfield REF on all aspects of its financing to Westridge Real Estate in connection with Westridge Real Estate’s acquisition of DIT Kevin Street campus
- Advising Allianz Real Estate GmbH on all aspects of the financing of an Irish limited company (an indirect subsidiary of Universal Investment, Germany’s leading real estate master KVG platform for institutional investors) for the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre – this transaction represented the first significant investment in real estate by insurance companies in the Irish market
- Advising Starwood Capital Europe Advisers LLP in funding (i) Tetrach entities in acquiring the Citywest Hotel and golf suites involving a number of acquisitions and group reorganisation; (ii) the refinancing of the acquisition of a number of apartment blocks adjoining the Citywest Hotel, and (iii) a construction finance facility to fund the refurbishment of such apartments
- Advising Kennedy Wilson as co-investor with AXA in respect of its refinancing of the Capital Dock mixed-use development originally provided by Deutsche Bank in May 2017. Following completion of the Office and Residential blocks at Capital Dock, the existing development financing was split into two investment facilities and the finance, corporate, competition, funds, tax and real estate teams at Arthur Cox advised Kennedy Wilson in respect of the joint venture with AXA and the refinancing of the debt with Deutsche Bank.
- Advising various borrowers, including the Marlet Group and Spear Street Capital, on the equity and debt financing of acquisition and development of various residential, office and mixed use development properties