Trainee Programme Manager
We are looking to hire a Trainee Programme Manager to join our highly successful team at Arthur Cox Dublin.
At Arthur Cox, our trainees are the future solicitors and partners of the firm and we take the development and the journey of our trainees very seriously. As such, the successful candidate will a keen interest in talent management and development. The Trainee Programme is a 2½ year legal traineeship involving in-office training and professional education courses with the Law Society of Ireland.
The Trainee Programme Manager will manage all aspects of the operation of the Trainee Programme. The role involves planning and delivery of the firm’s Programme from organising and delivering new starter inductions, collaborating with the KL&D team regarding training needs, the organisation and submission of Law Society paperwork for all trainee solicitors, and assigning trainee rotations in accordance with resource needs of each Practice Group, trainee preferences, and Law Society requirements.
The Trainee Programme Manager will report to the Trainee Steering Group (“TSG”), a committee of three partners who oversee all trainee-related matters in the firm. The Trainee Programme Manager will also work closely with the Graduate Recruitment Manager.
- Guiding the trainees throughout their traineeship to meet trainee preferences and the Law Society requirements.
- Ensuring consistency in trainee-experience as the Trainee rotates across different departments in the firm.
- Collaborating with Trainee Facilitators in the firm to provide best practice methods for developing the trainees.
- Managing and supporting the Trainees throughout the programme including managing the day-to-day queries from the Trainees.
- Eliciting/giving feedback on performance and managing with issues in conjunction with the relevant Associate.
- Monitoring market trends and making recommendations for improvements to the Trainee Programme on an ongoing basis.
- Managing the qualification process at the end of the traineeship (in conjunction with Human Resources and the Managing Partner) to allocate qualifying solicitors across different departments in the firm, taking into account business requirements and newly qualified preferences in the area of law they wish to practice.
- Monitoring pipeline and progress of future trainees to ensure pipeline is consistent with business requirements for upcoming intakes.
- Communicating regularly with future trainees on firm updates and organising engagement events.
- Management of all HR related files (contracts, NDAs, secondment agreements) in conjunction with the Firms Human Resources Department.
- Monitoring trainee performance, ensuring the timely completion of performance reviews.
- Preparing updates and presentations to the partnership on the work of the Trainee Department.
- Assisting the Graduate Recruitment Manager during trainee recruitment periods.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- A minimum of five years’ in a similar relevant role and in a professional services firm environment.
- Proven ability in talent management and career development.
- Mentoring/coaching experience for ‘early career’ support.
- Experience working with partners/senior executives.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- A flexible ‘hands-on’ approach to all aspects of the programme.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- High degree of attention to detail.
To make an application please submit your CV to email@example.com
Arthur Cox are equal opportunity employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal opportunities for applicants and employees. In order for us to see the best version of you, please advise if you require specific arrangements during the recruitment process. All information disclosed will be kept confidential.