Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager role is to support the planning, forecasting and reporting activities of Arthur Cox. Working closely with the business, the FP&A Manager ensures that key decision makers have the information and analysis available to make the best choices. Excellent communication skills are key.
Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting & Reporting
- Preparation, review and presentation of revenue budgets and forecasts for department, working closely with the Department Heads and senior management.
- Lead and facilitate the bi-annual and annual financial planning process.
- Assist in the preparation of presentation materials and strategic plans.
- Prepare concise and insightful management reporting to help partners understand performance and detailed variance analysis.
- Be a key point of contact with partners to discuss queries and find solutions to problems.
- Management of WIP and debtors for department.
Analysis & Support
- Support the Financial Controller, Finance Director and Partners with insightful business analysis.
- Build financial models to share with the partners.
- Understand the revenue drivers of the business and ways of adding value.
- Key business partner to the partners.
- Analysis of current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance.
Control and Risk Management
- Become the key area of control in data management for your area. Make sure the communication channels are clear and concise.
- Be the key liaison between FP&A and the Financial Accounting teams.
Projects and Continuous Improvement
- Identify and improve tools and systems to provide enhanced financial and operational information.
- Embrace and drive system enhancements and take the lead in implementing change.
- Support and engage in ad hoc projects as required.
- Ideal candidate will be a qualified ACCA or ACA Accountant with a minimum of 7 years PQE with proven experience in a fast paced working environment.
- Will be a confident self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
- Previous financial and management accounting experience is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Advanced Excel proficiency is a pre-requisite.
- Service orientated mind-set.
- Strong emphasis on system based solutions.
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer.