Our Financial Accountants are a key part of the firm’s success – ensuring that our reported financial performance is complete and accurate and that we comply with our finance related legal, regulatory and other obligations.
The Financial Accountant will join the firm’s Finance function, a team of c30 people, and be one of four finance professionals within the General Ledger & Accounting Team.
The firm uses the Thomson Reuters 3E accounting system.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and posting of month end journals, including accruals and prepayments.
- Maintenance of month end and quarter end P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations, including the resolution of any queries or issues arising (at both a reconciliation and root-cause level).
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, including variance analysis.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for corporate entities within the Arthur Cox group.
- Engagement in the annual audit process, providing the schedules, information and supporting materials necessary to allow the auditors to complete their work in an efficient and satisfactory manner.
- Preparation of the annual and semi-annual accounts required under the Solicitors’ Regulations, including resolution of any queries or issues.
- Preparation of annual and semi-annual budgets and forecasts.
- Operation and on-going enhancement of monitoring controls which quality assure the completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Collaboration with the Finance Operations Team (AP, AR, Billing and Expenses) to trouble-shoot queries and issues and to continuously improve and enhance operational processes.
- Continually review financial accounting and reporting processes and controls with a view to identifying and capturing any operational efficiency gains.
- Participate in finance and other ad hoc projects as assigned.
Skills & Attributes
- Business enabling
- Qualified Accountant
- 5+ Years PQE
- 2.1 Honours Business Degree (or higher)
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arthur Cox are equal opportunity employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal opportunities for applicants and employees. In order for us to see the best version of you, please advise if you require specific arrangements during the recruitment process.
All information disclosed will be kept confidential.