Reporting to: Digital Transformation Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a talented consultant with a track record of driving innovation and delivering technology-enabled transformation projects in a business organisation. This is an ideal opportunity for someone interested in combining business process design, change management, and technology to drive innovation and transform how the legal profession delivers legal services.
In this role you will regularly assess the legal tech market for opportunities to drive positive change and efficiency into our service delivery model. Working with the Digital Transformation Manager, you will tease out and document the underlying requirements from our lawyers across the firm, build the case for change, work to gain approval with key stakeholders and then plan and execute the project to successfully deliver on the objective. You will become an SME on key products and solution, championing their deployment and promoting usage across the firm.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to grow a career in a fast paced and demanding professional services environment where process redesign and technology will drive major disruption over the next 10 years.
Responsibilities (to include)
- Working closely with our lawyers to develop a deep understanding of legal work and existing processes in order to then identify and assess opportunities to leverage process redesign and technology to change how legal services can be delivered. A strong emphasis will be on process redesign, process optimisation and change management to improve efficiency and client service delivery.
- Supporting the Digital Transformation manager and the Legal Tech and Innovation leadership with the assessment, deployment and adoption of new software solutions, including working with vendors, running proof of concepts (POCs), and coordinating complex projects.
- Assisting with continuous improvement and digital transformation projects, and designing new methods of delivery using technology to refine (or redefine) processes which create efficiencies and which deliver against our clients expectations.
- Championing and promoting the use of our existing legal tech solutions to our lawyers, proactively identifying and promoting opportunities to use technology to solve problems and encouraging innovative uses across the firm.
- Becoming an SME for key products and solutions, assisting in integration, configuration or further customization to ensure successful rollout.
- Assisting with the introduction and embedding of new legal technologies including delivering training, presentations and demonstrations to our lawyers and clients.
- Liaising with IT, InfoSec, and Risk to ensure that all solutions operate within firm guidelines.
- Assisting in the preparation and delivery of pitches to existing and prospective clients.
- Providing insights on legal market and technology trends and investigating potential new solutions and technologies, to ensure we better address the challenges faced by lawyers.
- Championing and fostering a culture of innovation, excellence and continuous improvement within the Legal Tech and Innovation Services team and the firm more broadly
Characteristics (to include)
- Team player with a track record of working in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to establish credibility with a diverse group of demanding senior stakeholders
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn about the legal business /technology environment
- Self-starter with a willingness to be hands-on, demonstrate attention to detail and take ownership of individual and team work
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work with a diverse group of people to achieve project outcomes, often needing to influence to get things done rather than direct
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills demonstrating a can-do attitude and an ability to achieve the lawyers’ and clients’ desired outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills demonstrating an ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deliver project outcomes under tight deadlines
- Drive to deliver excellence and to maintain a client- centred approach to all projects
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing and evolving business and technology environment
- Ability to demonstrate good judgement in difficult situations and to make astute commercial and strategic decisions
- Creative and Innovative
- Strong Influencing and Negotiation skills
Qualifications and experience will include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required (preferred in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Commerce, Law)
- A minimum of 5 years’ applicable experience is essential
- Certifications in Project management (e.g. Prince, PMP), Process Reengineering (e.g. Lean Six Sigma), agile delivery methods (certified Scrum Master), or Change Management methodologies an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (including Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio) is essential
- Experience in driving process review and process re-engineering projects to deliver process efficiency is essential.
- Experience in leading business application deployments into a business organization, including business analysis, business requirements gathering, process design, change management and training, is essential
- Experience in screening the tech landscape to quickly identify appropriate solutions to a particular problem is essential
- Project management and project delivery experience is essential, ideally in a large consulting organization, law firm, or financial services company. Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies important.
- Familiarity with the challenges affecting law firms and the changing legal services market is desirable but not essential
- Familiarity with how legal work is delivered is desirable but not essential
- Familiarity with the legal tech landscape is desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Appropriate benefits package to include contributory pension
To make an application please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arthur Cox are equal opportunity employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal opportunities for applicants and employees. In order for us to see the best version of you, please advise if you require specific arrangements during the recruitment process. All information disclosed will be kept confidential.