Our FP&A accountants work with our Businesses and Practice Groups providing financial information, tools, analysis, insight and support to Leadership, challenging their thinking, helping them make and execute informed decisions which drive better financial performance.
The FP&A role is to provide ‘real time’ support and analysis, to be a trusted advisor and to participate in decision-making and controllership activities which will impact positively on financial performance and cash flow.
The firm uses the Thomson Reuters 3E accounting system and Iridium business intelligence software.
The FP&A Accountants are based in the firm’s Finance function, a team of c25 people.
The core responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation of weekly operational reports – utilisation, billings and collections, WIP & AR – and calling out any actions required.
- Preparation of monthly management reports, including insight, analysis and commentary on financial performance, performance trends and offering a perspective on any action required.
- Preparation of annual and semi-annual plans and forecasts, including (i) the challenging and pushing the planned financial growth ambition of the relevant budget holder and (ii) pressure-testing the related planning assumptions from both an up- and down- side perspective.
- Working with users to enhance the impact, and understanding, of operational reporting vis-à-vis financial performance.
- Monitoring WIP and Debtor Lock-Up levels and working with Partners to understand and resolve any sub-optimal performance or adverse trends.
- Introducing and enhancing commercial procedures to maintain and improve financial performance.
- Building partnerships and strong relationships within the Business and Practice Groups providing proactive support to financial management and commercial decision making.
- Regularly attend Business & Practice Group meetings in order to build understanding of the business environment and the context for any key financial priorities
- Providing periodic financial skills training to Business & Practice Groups with an emphasis on better understanding project/matter economics and the importance of financial hygiene.
- Supporting the month end billing process, through coaching and trouble-shooting issues arising.
- Dealing with and working through operational issues, including challenging current ways of working to deliver efficiencies, revenue enhancement and cost savings wherever possible.
- Other ad-hoc activities arising based on business needs.
Skills & Attributes
- Client centric
- Business enabling
- Solution oriented
- MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Finance in Professional Services Firm (advantage)
- Thomson Reuter 3E & Iridium BI (distinct advantage)
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Arthur Cox are equal opportunity employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal opportunities for applicants and employees. In order for us to see the best version of you, please advise if you require specific arrangements during the recruitment process.
All information disclosed will be kept confidential.