Part 11 of the Companies Act 2014 consolidates and modernises much of the law relating to the winding up of companies.
The Part seeks to introduce greater consistency between the three different methods of winding up (members’ voluntary, creditors’ voluntary and official). One of the objectives is to align Court-initiated liquidations with creditors’ voluntary windings up so as to reduce the Court’s supervisory involvement. It also sets out a number of additional reforms.
[pc-pvt-content allow=”25″ warning=”1″ message=”To view additional content, please register or log in.”]
- View Arthur Cox analysis of Part 11: Winding Up
- View text of Part 11 of the Companies Act (as enacted on 23 December 2014)
- View text of Part 11 as amended in Committee Stage on 5-6 November 2013
- View text of Part 11 as published on 21 December 2012
- View redline of Part 11 as published on 21 December 2012 as against version of 30 May 2011
- View text of Part 11 as published on 30 May 2011