Who can apply?
We welcome applications from:
- All graduates
- All final year students; and
- All penultimate year students.
We welcome applications from students of any discipline- including law, business, science, arts etc. You do not need to be a law student to apply!
We want to get to know you. Tell us about yourself – your academic background, your involvement in university clubs and societies, your interests, extra-curricular activities, any particular area of law that you are particularly interested in (and why it appeals to you) and any part-time jobs you have had during university.
Arthur Cox lawyers are renowned for providing expert, precise advice to clients. Attention to detail is paramount. Your CV and cover letter should help us to see that your written communication is precise.
In your application:
- Check your spelling and grammar
- Do not include a statement or objective at the top of your CV
- Include results to date NOT the result you expect
- Use simple font
- Use no jargon or abbreviations
- Meet the deadline in good time
- Show, don’t tell. Avoid CV speak: do not just tell us that you are diligent, ambitious, dedicated, a team player, a leader –show us who you are. Give us strong tangible evidence and examples which demonstrate your attributes and your skills
- Explain any gaps in your cv
- Use a professional email address
- Have a professional voice message on your phone