Social infrastructure comprises education, health, accommodation, social housing and leisure sectors. Our multi-disciplinary team comprises lawyers with procurement, project finance, property, planning, construction, health and safety, employment, tax and regulatory experience in each of the relevant sectors. We have acted on various structures applied to develop social infrastructure including PPP, development finance, construction finance, traditional procurement, outsourcing, facilities management and land swaps. We act as lead advisers for contracting authorities, private contractors and funders and have an unrivalled bank of experience completing the most complex social infrastructure projects undertaken on the island.
Our team includes members with unparalleled expertise in the full range of legal disciplines required for effective and timely delivery of social infrastructure projects including:
- Specialist expertise in all ranges of contract structures ranging from traditional design build contracts to innovative public-private partnership deals and other hybrid contract structures.
- Using innovative financing and tax structures (including funds and limited partnership) to offer the most efficient means of investment.
- Offering a complete end to end service from project initiation, planning, development, construction, financing and operation. We have ‘best in class’ contract templates to deliver projects efficiently and have vast experience in negotiating with every conceivable stakeholder to deliver projects.
- Advising Trinity College Dublin on the development of its new Trinity Business School
- Advising DIT on campus developments
- Advising Dublin City University on its campus development project including advising it in respect of loans advanced by the European Investment Bank
- Advised National Development Finance Agency on the Schools PPP Projects 1, 2 and 3
- Advising BAM PPP PGGM in relation to the Schools Bundle 4 PPP Project
- Advising University of Ulster on its major relocation project
- Advising Dublin Institute of Technology on a variety of commercial contracts and concessions
- Advising Institute of Art and Design Dub Laoghaire on a variety of capital development projects
- Advising Institute of Technology Tralee on the development of its Sports Academy
- Advising the lenders in relation to the Cork School of Music
- Advising a number of third level institutions in relation to the development of “start up”, innovation and incubation hubs at campuses across the State
Social Housing and Urban Regeneration
- Advising Bartra Capital in relation to its social housing fund
- Advising a number of voluntary housing associations in Ireland and Northern Ireland on social housing programmes
- Advising a number of institutional investors and developers in relation to social housing projects in Dublin including through QIAIFs and ICAUs
- Advising Beacon Medical Group on a variety of infrastructure and service related obligations
- Advising institutional investors and equity providers in relation to developments in the Nursing Home and Primary Care sectors.
- Advised the HSE on its extensive capital development programme including in relation to St. Vincent’s, St. James and Beaumont Hospitals in Dublin
- Advising HSE in relation to the National Paediatric Hospital
- Advising HSE in relation to the development of a new maternity hospital
- Advising AMP Capital in relation to the development of primary care centres
- Advising Temple Street, Children’s Hospital on corporate and clinical matters
- Advising Mater Private Hospital generally
- Advising Cappagh Hospital generally
- Advising Blackrock Clinic in relation to various corporate and clinical matters
- Advising Dublin Dental Hospital in relation to various corporate and clinical matters
- Advising BAM PPP PGGM in relation to the Courts Bundle PPP Project
- Advising the purchaser of the Convention Centre Dublin PPP Project
- Advising an extensive range of purchasers in relation to the hotels portfolio of Ireland including in relation to the Shelbourne Hotel, Gresham Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel