Arthur Cox’s Dispute Resolution Group in Belfast, headed by Catriona Gibson, has an enviable Client list accumulated as a result of meeting Clients’ high service delivery expectations in the areas of commercial and insurance litigation, banking, professional negligence and construction.
A part of the pan Ireland offering of the firm the group thinks beyond the traditional resolution process adversarial litigation to provide cost commensurate and effective advice through such vehicles as mediation, expert determination, arbitration and adjudication.
We have a dedicated Banking Litigation team experienced in resolving disputes for banks. We have a breadth and depth of experience which we believe places our team at the forefront of banking litigation. Our specialist knowledge of banking law and the banking industry means that we are able to give swift commercially focused advice.
The team has long-standing experience in Commercial litigation, personal injury defence litigation, insurance litigation, banking litigation, construction disputes, professional negligence to include medical defence, intellectual property disputes and product liability.
Defending telecommunications Client in respect of £7 million pound adjudication claim on a construction contract scheme
- Advising and representing an International Manufacturer Client in relation to a multi-million pound claim against supplier
- Acting for a major Northern Ireland Utility in relation to a number of substantial Commercial Litigation actions
- Dealing with a major Product Liability claim in arising out of the manufacture of UPVC profiles involving multi-claimants and multi-parties
- Advising a supplier of support services in relation to a multi-million pound contract with the Northern Ireland Civil Service
- Defended an international logistics company in respect of alleged personal injury to an employee allegedly as a result of an unsafe system for loading transport vehicles
- Defending the owner of fishing vessel in relation to the death of two crew members following the loss of the vessel in respect of dependency claims by the deceased’s families
- Defended an international food manufacturer in criminal proceedings arising out of breaches of health and safety legislation following the death of an employee at their processing plant to include proceedings brought by the Health and Safety Executive and dealing with claim under an Insurance Personal Accident Policy
- Defending the P&I Club of a Ferry in relation to a manual handling claim brought by a sub-contractor as employee carrying out repairs on board a vessel in Belfast Harbour
- Advising on an alleged breach of a supply agreement for a leading pharmaceutical company specialising in diagnostic aids
- Defending injunctive proceedings arising out of a potential breach of contract in relation to a bonded oil facility
- Defending a French company involved in the construction of the local interconnector where a contractor was crushed by a vehicle