We advise on funds, asset management and other financial services disputes for leading financial and investment firms in Ireland and internationally. Our clients include investment and retail banks, insurance corporations, asset managers, investment funds, brokers, fund managers and service providers to funds.
These cases are often complex, high-value and involve a cross-border aspect. Our focus is on attaining cost-effective and expeditious results for our clients which are in line with their commercial objectives. We use various dispute resolution procedures, including Commercial and High Court proceedings, mediation and arbitration.
Our market knowledge and expertise includes a wide range of contentious matters (including prior to litigation), such as:
- claims for and against service providers to investment funds;
- prospectus liability claims;
- mis-selling claims/mis-statement claims, including in respect of swaps and other derivative products;
- enforcement and the realisation of security;
- claims in relation to breach of fiduciary and other duties;
- contractual claims arising out of the insolvency of financial services firms, including termination of hedging arrangements; and
- contractual claims arising from defaults under structured products.