We advise on financial services litigation for many of Ireland’s leading financial institutions and investment firms and the leading international financial firms.
We have the market knowledge and experience to provide advice to financial institutions and their insurers on a wide range of litigation and pre-litigation matters, such as the following:
- investigations by the Central Bank of Ireland and/or the Irish Stock Exchange, including investigations relating to lapses or deficiencies in systems and controls and market abuse;
- complaints made to the Financial Services Ombudsman or the Central Bank of Ireland;
- mis-selling claims/mis-statement claims, including in respect of swaps and other derivative products;
- enforcement and the realisation of security;
- prospectus liability claims;
- claims in relation to breach of fiduciary and other duties;
- contractual claims arising out of the insolvency of financial services firms, including termination of hedging arrangements;
- contractual claims arising from defaults under structured products including Collateralised Debt Obligations (CDOs) and Collateralised Loan Obligations (CLOs);
- claims relating to investment funds.