Arthur Cox is one of Ireland’s largest law firms with a leading Environmental practice.
In Belfast, the Environmental and Planning Group is headed by the highly experienced and respected partner, Alastair Todd.
The team publishes regular client briefings and regularly contributes to local business publications.
Our expertise in Environment & Planning includes:
- Planning and Environmental Due Diligence;
- Appeal and Enforcement Work;
- Advising on permissions, licences and consents for waste, water and energy projects;
- IPPC Work;
- Contaminated land and Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Waste, Water and Energy Infrastructure Project work
Recent Work Highlights include:
- Ongoing legal advice on planning and environmental issues to arc21 on waste infrastructure project for proposed EFW and MBT facilities;
- Advising on planning and environmental aspects of SWaMP 2008 waste infrastructure project;
- Planning appeal and enforcement advice in respect of residential development;
- Obtaining closure of landfill site and IPPC permission;
- Advising on contaminated land issues for PPP project.
‘This firm’s environmental team acts as a seamless team in Ireland and Northern Ireland across the commercial, residential, public, energy, waste and water sectors. It provides a comprehensive cross-departmental service to clients.’
Chambers UK: A Client’s Guide to the UK Legal Profession, 2013