Cyber-risk management is an imperative for all organisations, including public bodies, corporates, financial institutions, SMEs and charitable bodies. Expert legal support and advice is essential at every stage in this process.
Our cyber-security team brings together specialist lawyers from a wide range of practice areas, including company compliance and corporate governance, technology and innovation, data protection and information management, litigation and dispute resolution, and fraud and white collar crime and asset tracing. We are commercially-minded, innovative and strategic, and have a wealth of experience in litigation-risk management, crisis management and reputation management. Our aim in every case is to manage and resolve cyber-security legal issues in a practical way, with minimum disruption to your business or organisation.
We also have extensive experience advising on cyber-insurance issues. We act for insurers and insurance loss-adjusters in providing incident-response legal services in the aftermath of a cyber-breach. We also advice insurers and policy-holders on potential coverage issues.
Ensuring you are cyber-ready
- providing legal input into your cyber-security plan;
- analysing your exposure to legal risk and minimising litigation risk;
- providing legal input into your crisis management and reputation-risk management strategies;
- drafting confidentiality, data protection and IT usage policies;
- advising on your legal, regulatory and governance obligations and investor expectations;
- reviewing your internal policies and procedures to ensure they adequately address cyber-security legal issues;
- reviewing third party contracts and advising on risk in the supply chain;
- advising on cyber-security insurance policies and potential coverage issues;
- advising on how best to protect your intellectual property.
Helping you respond to a cyber-breach
- advising on how to minimise litigation risk and to mitigate loss;
- advising on your reporting obligations and liaising with regulators on your behalf;
- advising on how to properly conduct internal and external investigations;
- advising on data misuse by employees, deliberate or inadvertent; and
- advising on cyber-security insurance coverage issues;