Mergers and acquisitions are at the core of our practice. We have been awarded Legal Adviser of the Year for Ireland for seven of the past nine years by Mergermarket.
With over 50 corporate lawyers based in offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York and Silicon Valley, Arthur Cox continues to have the largest international presence amongst Irish law firms and our corporate team is more than double the size of the next largest corporate team in Ireland.
“Focuses on high-level business issues more quickly and efficiently than other firms. The team has the depth we need, working around the clock on international matters.”
– Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2016
Some of our most significant recent deals involved advising:
- eir on its acquisition by a consortium led by NJJ Telecom Europe and Illiad SA, at an enterprise value of approximately €3.5 billion
- Dawn Meats Group on its investment in the French Company, Elivia and on its joint venture in Northern Ireland with the Dunbia Group
- Mallinckrodt on its $1.2 billion acquisition of Sucampo Pharmaceuticals
- the Irish Stock Exchange plc on its €137 million acquisition by Euronext NV
- CRH on its $3.5 billion acquisition of Ash Grove Cement Company
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation on its $1 billion acquisition of Moy Park Group
- CRH on its $2.625 billion disposal of Allied Building Products Corp. to Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc.
- TELUS International on its acquisition of Voxpro
- Praxair, Inc. on its $73 billion merger of equals with Linde AG to form a global industrial gases leader
- Glanbia plc on its €112 million disposal of a 60% stake in Dairy Ireland to Glanbia Co-operative Society
- Medtronic on its $6.1 billion disposal of its Patient Care, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Nutritional Insufficiency businesses to Cardinal Health
- Zoetis on its $85 million acquisition of Nexvet Biopharma
- Fortuna Entertainment Group on its acquisition of Hattrick Sports Group from Presidio Group
- Fyffes on its €750 million acquisition by Sumitomo Corporation
- Greencore Group on its €747.5 million acquisition of Peacock Foods
- Tyco on its $16 billion merger with Johnson Controls
- Allergan on its $40 billion disposal of its generic pharmaceuticals business to Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Paddy Power on its €8 billion merger with Betfair
- Liberty Global on its €87 million acquisition of TV3
- Eir on its acquisition of Setanta Sports
- LSG Sky Chefs on the acquisition of the Retail in Motion group
- Allergan on its proposed €150 billion merger with Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan on its $27 billion offer for Perrigo
- General Electric on its $16.9 billion acquisition of Alstom’s thermal, renewables and grid businesses
- Aer Lingus Group on its €1.4 billion takeover by IAG
- CRH on the acquisition of €6.5 billion worth of assets from Holcim & Lafarge