Mergers and acquisitions are at the core of our practice. We have been awarded Legal Adviser of the Year for Ireland for seven of the past eight years by Mergermarket.
With over 50 corporate lawyers based in offices in Dublin, Belfast, London, New York and Silicon Valley, Arthur Cox continues to have the largest international presence amongst Irish law firms and our corporate team is more than double the size of the next largest corporate team in Ireland.
“Focuses on high-level business issues more quickly and efficiently than other firms. The team has the depth we need, working around the clock on international matters.”
– Chambers Europe: Europe’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2016
Some of our most significant recent deals involved advising:
- Fyffes on its €750 million acquisition by Sumitomo Corporation
- Greencore Group on its €747.5 million acquisition of Peacock Foods
- Tyco on the $16 billion merger with Johnson Controls
- Allergan on its $40 billion disposal of its generic pharmaceuticals business to Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Paddy Power on its €8 billion merger with Betfair
- Liberty Global on its €87 million acquisition of TV3
- Eir on its acquisition of Setanta Sports
- LSG Sky Chefs on the acquisition of the Retail in Motion group
- Allergan on its proposed €150 billion merger with Pfizer Inc.
- Mylan on its $27 billion offer for Perrigo
- General Electric on its $16.9 billion acquisition of Alstom’s thermal, renewables and grid businesses
- Allergan on its $2 billion acquisition of Kythera Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Aer Lingus Group on its €1.4 billion takeover by IAG
- CRH on the acquisition of €6.5 billion worth of assets from Holcim & Lafarge
- Mallinckrodt on its $2.3 billion acquisition of Ikaria
- Covidien on its $43 billion takeover by Medtronic
- Valeo Foods on the €60 million acquisition of various businesses and brands from DCC
- Mallinckrodt on its $8 billion merger with Questcor
- Air France on its sale of Cityjet
- Mallinckrodt on its $2.4 billion takeover of Cadence Pharmaceuticals
- KKR on its acquisition of Avoca Capital