As the debt finance market in Ireland has evolved, our Lending Group is at the forefront in executing the most innovative transactions. We act for banks and other financial institutions, institutional investors, alternative lenders and other market participants, both domestic and international, as well as for a wide range of borrowers, including investment grade and other corporates, and private banking clients.
The Lending Group is an integral part of our Finance Department. The Finance Department at Arthur Cox is the largest of its kind in Ireland and is constantly at the forefront of developments in finance law and practice. Our practice revolves around four key areas, including asset management and investment funds, banking and other lending transactions, debt capital markets/structured finance and financial regulation. Our finance team is made up of lawyers who are experts in all of these areas. We pride ourselves in offering clients a joined up and integrated approach across practice areas and we excel at advising on transactions which require advice in a number of areas of finance and other areas of law.
Our lending expertise includes:
- investment grade and leveraged financings, including senior and mezzanine facilities, both syndicated and bilateral
- project finance in various sectors, including the financing of Public Private Partnerships, construction projects and renewable energy projects
- lending to fund structures (including QIAIFS and ICAVs)
- acquisition financing
- property finance
- asset finance including aviation finance
- non-bank lending, including private placements
- the purchase, sale and financing of all types of commercial and residential loan portfolios
- debt restructuring, settlements, work-outs and enforcements
- invoice discounting and other receivables financings and leasing facilities.
Some of the recent transactions in which our lending team has been involved include:
- Acting for Japan Bank for International CoOperation in relation to acquisition facilities advanced to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation for the acquisition of RBS Aerospace
- Advising Vista Equity Partners in relation to its €1.5 billion take private of banking software provider Misys plc
- Acting for various borrowers in negotiating restructured facilities with their banks and in refinancing their facilities out of NAMA
- Acting for Bank of Ireland in relation to facilities advanced for the purchase of the Morgan Hotel
- Advising Quadrant Real Estate Advisors LLC as agent for QREA Ireland DAC and QREA Financing Limited in the funding of a construction of a hotel with Starwood under its Aloft brand
- Advising Activate Capital Limited on the provision of €500 million senior and mezzanine facilities to it by The Ireland Strategic Investment Fund and KKR Credit to fund Irish residential projects
- Advising Greencore Group plc on its acquisition finance facilities relating to its proposed acquisition of Peacock Foods
- Advising Bank of Ireland in connection with an equipment lease financing arrangement with GE Capital
- Advising Ulster Bank in relation to toalities advanced for the purchase of the Hilton Hotel
- Advising Total Produce ple on its finances arrangements with various lenders
- Advising in relation to Avago Technologies’ acquisition to Broadcom and Cerberus
- Advising in relation to the acquisition by GvC Holdings of Bwin
- Advising Nomura on the funding of the Project Arrow purchase from Nama
- Advising Apollo on the acquisition of the Project Abbey portfolio from Nama.