The Finance Group at Arthur Cox is the largest of its kind in Ireland and is constantly at the forefront of developments in finance law and practice. Our practice revolves around four key areas, including asset management and investment funds, banking and other lending transactions, debt capital markets/structured finance and financial regulation. Our finance team is made up of lawyers who are experts in all of these areas. We pride ourselves in offering clients a joined up and integrated approach across practice areas and we excel at advising on transactions which require advice in a number of areas of finance and other areas of law.
Our Belfast office, which contains an equally strong finance team headed by Kieran McGarrigle, enables clients to receive a full one firm service where financing involves both jurisdictions in Ireland.
As Ireland’s pre-eminent finance practice, we are involved in an extensive range of transactions for a wide variety of clients, domestic and international.
We are a market leader, and offer a comprehensive service (acting for lenders and borrowers) in, the following areas:
- syndicated and bilateral acquisition finance in respect of property, shares, aircraft, ships and other asset types;
- syndicated and bilateral construction finance;
- syndicated and bilateral project finance (including schools, roads, windfarms and nursing homes) and PPPs;
- syndicated and bilateral revolving credit and working capital facilities;
- the purchase, sale and financing of all types of commercial and residential loan portfolios;
- invoice discounting and receivables financing;
- equipment leasing;
- lending to fund structures such as QIAIFs and Irish Collective Asset-management Vehicles (ICAVs);
- lending to REITs;
- lending to technology companies, including software providers;
- establishing loan origination platforms;
- film financing;
- loan sales;
- consumer financing;
- debt refinancing;
- debt restructuring, settlement and work-outs;
- enforcement of security; and
- bank regulation and Basel III.
We also have market-leading practices in derivatives and financial regulation, which provide regulatory and compliance advice to domestic and international banks, financial institutions and other clients.
Some of the recent transactions in which the Finance Group has been involved include:
- Acting for Japan Bank for International Co-Operation in relation to acquisition facilities advanced to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation for the acquisition of RBS Aerospace.
- Acting for the arrangers in the issue by Bank of Ireland of €250 million Subordinated Notes under the €25 billion euro note programme.
- Advising Vista Equity Partners in relation to its €1.5 billion take private of banking software provider Misys plc.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks in the provision of facilities to an Irish statutory body.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks in the provision of facilities to a healthcare group operating in four jurisdictions.
- Acting for both banks and borrowers in negotiating vendor finance facilities.
- Acting for various borrowers in negotiating restructured facilities with their banks and in refinancing their facilities out of NAMA.
- Acting on behalf of both Irish and International Lenders in the provision of loan facilities to Irish Funds.