Pearse specialises in the areas of information technology (including IT disputes), sourcing, outsourcing, cyber-security, computer security/fraud, e-commerce and intellectual property (with an emphasis on IT related matters). Pearse works mainly in the technology and life science sectors, specialising in sourcing, outsourcing and project work. Pearse acts for mainly customers in the public sector and for both customers and suppliers in the private sector. Much of Pearse’s practice is in the area of structuring procurements and projects, including re-structuring, as well as dealing with legal and contractual matters. The scope of work extend from project initiation through procurement and contract negotiation, to project implementation and contract management/dispute resolution services.
Pearse qualified with a large Dublin firm and subsequently worked in their corporate department. Pearse then spent a year and a half in the corporate department of Nutter McClennan & Fish, a large US firm in Boston (like Arthur Cox, Nutter McClennan & Fish is a member of the international group of law firms known as the TechLaw Group). Subsequently, Pearse completed his LLM in IT & IP in London, following which he spent four years in the UK with the legal department of Northgate Information Solutions plc, an IT solution supplier. Pearse joined the Technology Department of Arthur Cox in late 1999.
- Licencing Executives Society (LES), Britain and Ireland
- Society for Computers and Law (SCL)
- Firm representative to euroITcounsel, a European network of law firms with an emphasis on IT law
- Shared Services & Outsourcing Networks (SSON)
- National Outsourcing Association (NOA)
- Regularly contributes articles on technology, sourcing and outsourcing to various publications and web-sites
- Regularly contributes to Arthur Cox Technology and Life Sciences Group’s TechBrief publication
- Regular contributor to Ernst & Young quarterly risk management ezine (R!sk Watch)