Position: eDiscovery Team Lead
Reporting to: Legal Tech and Innovation Services Management Team (Specific reporting line will vary on a project by project basis)
- To assist in the direction and management of document review projects across various legal practice areas, from beginning to end and where necessary, directing and managing several projects simultaneously.
- To assist the Management Team with team supervision and management: This will include ensuring the correct resource levels are in place (number of reviewers and calibre) identifying issues, monitoring work output levels, induction, training, IT support throughout and follow up training if required; ensuring timesheets are in line with agreed cost models.
- Ensuring that all protocols, processes and procedures identified in the data capture, discovery and document disclosure/due diligence phases are adhered to in full by the firm and the team.
- To perform detailed monitoring and Quality Control review of work completed by junior team members with significant analysis of quality of output across all review teams. To deliver clear, professional and supportive feedback to reviewers in order to maintain quality standards at all times, reporting to the Legal Tech Management Team and matter Partners/Associate as necessary.
- To communicate on a regular basis with the Management Team and the necessary Partners/ Associates and providers and keep all appraised of progress and issues arising, while striving to ensure that all timelines continue to be stringently adhered to.
- To liaise with the various 3rd party providers in relation to the timing and prioritising of data capture, discovery and document disclosure, where relevant.
Qualifications and experience will include:
- Third level qualification, Law degree desirable but not essential. Consideration will be given to Business, Commerce or Business Administration or similar discipline.
- Previous experience of eDiscovery, large-scale regulatory investigations or large scale data remediation projects is desirable. Candidates with experience in high volume business process operations environment (e.g. finance shared service, banking, insurance or financial services) will also be considered strongly.
- Previous experience of relevant eDiscovery / legal technology (Relativity) is desirable but not essential.
- Project management experience, ideally in a large law firm, financial services or consulting organization is an advantage.
- Previous experience of leading a team is an advantage.
Personal Characteristics (to include):
- Team player with a track record of working in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, get hands-on, detailed, and take ownership for all personal and team work products.
- Strong interpersonal skills who can lead and direct a diverse group of junior team members to achieve project outcomes.
- Excellent operational planning, organization / work management skills to get through a heavy workload with the team effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and deliver project outcomes under tight deadlines (evening and weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines and serve clients with excellence).
- Excellent communication skills in writing, verbal and presentation skills
- Drive to deliver excellence in all work products (personally and the team).
- Brings a Client Service mentality to all aspects of the role.
- Innate curiosity and willingness to learn about the legal business/technology environment.
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing and evolving business and technology environment.
- Astute business operator with demonstrated ability to show sound judgement in difficult situations.
- Ability to establish credibility with a diverse group of senior stakeholders including clients and 3rd parties.
Applications to email@example.com
Arthur Cox are equal opportunity employers, we value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal opportunities for applicants and employees. In order for us to see the best version of you, please advise if you require specific arrangements during the recruitment process. All information disclosed will be kept confidential.