Tax Strategy and Knowledge Role
Arthur Cox, one of Ireland’s leading law firms is seeking a specialist for a new Tax Strategy & Knowledge role. The individual should be an existing tax technical support professional or a tax fee earner looking to move from fee earning, in-house or other tax role.
This is a senior level role. It is expected that the person will work as an integrated part of the Tax Practice Group, as well as liaising with other practices in the firm. The primary areas of responsibilities are in the areas of know-how, learning and development (L&D), and the development of client-focused knowledge. If desired, there will also be the opportunity to undertake client facing/fee earning work.
L&D and Know-How
- Take the existing know-how culture within the Tax Group to a higher level.
- Develop and maintain Precedents, Practice Notes, working practices and know-how materials and effectively manage these materials.
- Organising tax know-how within the firm’s system.
- Plan and organise know-how contributions for Practice Group/Department/Firm meetings/Seminars.
- Contribute to and co-ordinate delivery and development of training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on changes to law, practice and precedents.
- Work with other Professional Support lawyers and L&D team within the firm.
- Developing and coordinating seminars for each new rotation of trainees, new-qualifiers and new-joiners.
- Presenting on recent developments to Tax Group and wider firm.
- Developing and maintaining Tax Group intranet page to make sure Know-How is more accessible.
- Understanding key risk factors and value drivers for our client’s businesses and ‘horizon scanning’ to identify international and domestic tax developments that will be of interest to them as well as to our competitive positioning.
- Liaising with fee earners and co-ordinate and contribute as required to the production of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients or to be published in selected journals.
- Playing a part in the marketing of the Practice Group by identifying practice and group specific marketing opportunities and produce material for seminars both internally and externally.
- Working on any special projects and other tasks as may be agreed.
- Representing the Tax Group in industry associations and networks; taking part in working groups and attending external seminars.
We are looking for an individual who has a substantial knowledge across corporation tax, stamp duty, VAT etc. relating to corporate and finance transactions, is innovative, has superb communication skills and the gravitas to make and shape the role to give the team further edge in the market. The successful candidate will also be highly organised and proactive.
- A senior tax professional, with a strong background in transactional tax matters (ideally a minimum of 5+ years relevant pqe)
- Strong academic background
- If the individual is a lawyer, they must have completed their traineeship and worked as an associate in a leading law firm. If the individual is an accountant or CTA, they must have qualified and worked in a large accounting firm.
- Candidates must be up to date with current tax law and practice
- Demonstrated interest in learning and development and design and delivery skills
- Demonstrated literacy using standard IT
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Project management and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Works well as part of a team with strong motivational and leadership skills
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer