Arthur Cox is one of Ireland’s most successful law firms with more than 350 legal staff, including over 90 partners, and a total headcount in excess of 700. The firm’s main office is in Dublin, with offices in Belfast, London, New York and Silicon Valley.
There is a requirement to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant to join the Accounts Department. This person will report into the Financial Controller.
1. Monthly Management Accounts:
1.1 Preparation of the monthly management accounts and responsible for month end balance sheet reconciliation’s for all entities.
1.2 Developing KPI’s and internal management reports on an ad hoc basis.
1.3 Variance analysis of actual to budget.
1.4 Preparation of expense budgets and forecasts.
1.5 Preparation of various monthly management reports.
2. Financial Reporting:
2.1 Responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts for a variety of Arthur Cox entities.
2.2 Assist with the Firm’s Irish, UK and New York tax computations.
2.3 Manage the annual audit process.
2.4 Preparation of annual Solicitors Regulations accounts.
Work closely with the Compliance Director to assist in all areas of the firm’s risk management and compliance including:
3.1 Ensuring that the firm is acting in accordance with best-in-class international standards, and is demonstrably compliant.
3.2 Compliance with Solicitors’ Regulations including
(a) client monies
(b) monitoring the management of any conflicts that arise
4.1 Preparation of Irish and UK VAT returns.
4.2 Routine audit of all Accounts Payable transactions.
4.3 Responsible for filing all secondment related tax returns.
4.4 Management of the Accounts Payable/ GL team.
4.5 Ad hoc projects throughout the year.
4.6 Assisting with the roll out of the new practice management system.
- 1. Ideal candidate will be a qualified ACCA or ACA Accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE with proven experience in a fast paced working environment.
- 2. Will be a confident self-starter with ability to work on own initiative.
- 3. Previous financial and management accounting experience is a necessity with strong accounts preparation experience.
- 4. Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- 5. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- 6. Team player with ability to communicate effectively.
- 7. Advanced Excel proficiency is a pre-requisite.
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer