Professional Support Lawyer – Competition, Environment and ICU
We are looking for an individual (existing PSL or lawyer looking to move across from fee earning, in-house or other legal role) ideally with at least 7 years pqe who has a substantial knowledge of the relevant law, is innovative, has superb communication skills and the gravitas to make and shape the role to give the team further edge in the market. You will also be highly organised and proactive.
This is a senior level role. It is expected that the person will work with three Practice Groups, as well as liaising with other PSLs and practices in the firm. The primary areas of responsibilities are in the areas of know-how, L&D, and the development of client-focused knowledge.
Required areas of expertise:
- A senior lawyer (ideally a minimum of 7 years relevant pqe in at least one of the relevant practice areas and demonstrated interest or aptitude in the other relevant practice areas)
- Strong academic background
- Completed their traineeship and worked as an associate in a leading firm or as a practising barrister
- Has recently been working in a relevant role
- Knowledge and understanding of practice and procedure in Ireland and, where applicable, the EU
- Demonstrated interest in learning and development and design and delivery skills
- Demonstrated literacy using standard IT
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Project management and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Works well as part of a team with strong motivational and leadership skills
L&D and Know-How
- Develop a know-how culture within the Practice Groups.
- Develop and maintain Precedents, Practice Notes, working practices and know-how materials and effectively manage these materials.
- Plan and organise know-how contributions for Practice Group/Department/Firm meetings/Seminars.
- Contribute to and co-ordinate delivery and development of training sessions aimed at briefing fee earners on changes to law, practice and precedents.
- Work with other Professional Support lawyers and L&D team within the firm.
- Developing and coordinating seminars for each new rotation of trainees, new-qualifiers and new-joiners.
- Presenting on recent developments.
- Understanding key risk factors and value driver’s for our client’s businesses and ‘horizon scanning’ to identify regulatory and legal developments that will be of interest to them as well as to analyse competitors equivalent Practice Groups.
- Liaise with fee earners and co-ordinate and contribute as required to the production of articles, briefings, newsletters or other materials for circulation to clients or to be published in selected journals.
- Play a part in the marketing of the Practice Groups by identifying practice and group specific marketing opportunities and produce material for seminars both internally and externally.
- Working on any special projects and other tasks as agreed with the PGL’s.