The Trainee Steering Group (comprising three partners).
The role also involves working closely with the Trainee Programme Manager (who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Trainee Programme in Arthur Cox).
The role will also involve working with the Human Resources department and the Learning & Development (“L&D”) department and the Marketing department as necessary.
Securing top legal talent has always been the cornerstone of the success of Arthur Cox and continues to be one of the key fundamental strategies for the long term success of our firm. We aim to hire as Trainees the future partnership of the firm. The aim of the firm is that every graduate who joins the firm as a Trainee has the potential and receives the support to achieve exceptional career development and success.
The firm has two main recruitment drives each year as part of the Trainee Development Programme:
- The first is the Summer Intern Programme (January/February) where we meet with and recruit students (generally during their undergraduate degrees) and select a number of them to join us for a four week internship which take place in the summer months. During that period, they are given exposure to the work that a Trainee completes and to life in Arthur Cox. We also offer a significant number of positions as future Trainees to our interns at the completion of their internship. Accordingly, the Summer Intern Programme is a key component of our Trainee recruitment and engagement with students and third level institutions.
- The second recruitment drive each year is the Trainee Recruitment Drive (held in the Autumn). Here we meet with and recruit students who are often in the final year of their studies or at postgraduate level.
A key component of the role is liaising with the Trainee Steering Group and the Partnership on a continuous basis to ensure that the Trainee body is developed (in terms of both numbers and quality) appropriately to match the needs of the firm.
- Lead the two annual recruitment campaigns. This involves a combination of planning, marketing and relationship building to ensure both recruitment drives attract and secure the highest calibre candidates.
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with each of the Irish universities, including faculties (Law and others), the key student societies and individual student leaders. Also keep abreast of careers fairs, and external competitive practices both in Ireland and elsewhere, particularly the London market, to ensure that Arthur Cox maintains a competitive edge in recruiting the best graduates in sufficient numbers to meet business needs.
- Manage sponsorship partnerships and other relationships with universities and other bodies (including sponsorship partnerships prizes and recruitment competitions with the Universities and student societies)
- Work closely with the Marketing department to manage and shape the social media presence for the firm to represent both the Trainee and Summer Intern Programmes (covering website, Twitter, Facebook and Snapchat).
- Work with the Trainee Steering Group, Marketing and the broader partnership to ensure that the appropriate image of the firm is being communicated externally at all times, and to build the firm’s profile with prospective Trainees, ensuring Arthur Cox is the firm of choice for graduates interested in a career in law.
- Work closely with the Trainee Steering Group to implement the firm’s graduate recruitment and development strategy.
- Be a key point of contact for partners and liaise regularly with partners in relation to trainee recruitment and to ensure that their recruitment requirements, and the standards they require, are being met.
- Oversee and manage with the Trainee Steering Group the recruitment aspects of the Trainee Recruitment Drive and the Summer Intern Programme.
- Work closely with the HR team to ensure the recruitment of trainees is synchronised with other employees of the firm.
Qualifications, experience and characteristics will include:
- The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of professional service firms and graduate recruitment.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to ensure that the correct face of the firm is promoted externally to both graduates and to universities and the Law Society.
- The candidate should be highly skilled in managing an online (including social media) presence.
- Project or Programme management expertise is essential for running graduate recruitment programmes.
- It will be an advantage if the candidate has experience of online recruitment software.
- Interest in the career and advancement of graduates is essential.
- Excellent salary, plus strong possibility for bonus, depending upon performance.
- Appropriate benefits package.
Please email your CV to email@example.com.
Arthur Cox is an Equal Opportunities employer