eDiscovery Team Leader
- Director of eDiscovery & Data Management
To assist in the direction and management of document review projects across various legal practice areas, particularly litigation – from beginning to end and where necessary, directing and managing several projects simultaneously.
Ensuring that all protocols, processes and procedures identified in the data capture, discovery and document disclosure phases are adhered to in full by the firm and
those working within the Unit.
Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and assist with the appropriate recruitments necessary during project cycle.
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with assigned senior associates and partners.
To work in conjunction with the existing Unit Director to ensure that all timelines continue to be stringently adhered to.
To perform detailed Quality Control (“QC”) review of work completed by junior team members with significant analysis of quality of output across all review teams. To deliver clear, professional and supportive feedback to reviewers in order to maintain quality standards at all times, reporting to the Unit Director and matter Partner(s)/Associate(s) as necessary.
To communicate on a regular basis with the Unit Director and the necessary Partner(s), Associate(s) and providers and keep all appraised of progress and issues arising.
To assist in the management of the review teams on the various live projects.
To assist in liaising with the various providers in relation to the timing and prioritising of data capture, discovery and document disclosure.
To assist in ensuring each project is completed in a timely fashion. To include identifying resource requirements, estimating timelines, estimating costs associated and providing appropriate support in these areas. These requirements will be drawn from the discussions and consultations that you will have with your Manager and the appropriate Partner/fee earners, IT, HR, Facilities and Finance departments and will be based on the nature of each individual request.
Assistance will be given to the Unit Director in regard to the management of the Unit’s team and junior lawyers. This will include ensuring the correct resource levels are in place (number of reviewers and calibre) identifying issues, work output levels, assisting with induction, training, IT support throughout and follow up training if required; ensuring timesheets are in line with agreed cost models.
In the case of smaller discovery and document disclosure / review projects to assist the Unit Manager in undertaking that review by assisting them in supervising any junior fee earners engaged in that process and ensure that they are working through and will meet the set timeline.
To assist in coming up with solutions to review issues under time constraints.
To use existing IT experience to assist the team’s on-site, current processes and to up skill on systems which we currently use and with that be able to offer more IT support on site.
Qualifications, experience and characteristics will include:
- Legally qualified in a relevant legal jurisdiction
- Third level qualification in a related field will be considered.
- Previous experience of relevant eDiscovery or data analytics software desirable.
- Previous relevant project management experience desirable, to include experience in providing feedback to junior team members in a supportive and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and interpretative abilities – with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to digest a large volume of complex
- information quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent operational planning, organisation / work management skills to get through a heavy workload with the team effectively and efficiently.
- Candidates should be proactive, have the ability to take ownership and responsibility, have a “can do” approach, be able to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests. To work well under pressure, tight timelines and out of hours and weekends when required.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Appropriate benefits package to include contributory pension.
- HR Manager and Director of eDiscovery & Data Management Unit
- Litigation Partner(s)