Data Analytics Manager
PDMU Management Team
Overview of PDMU
The Projects & Data Management Unit is a business unit within the firm that co-ordinates large legal document management and review projects. Our service offering includes using innovative workflows and cutting edge technologies to assist in the efficient, accurate and cost-effective review and management of large volumes of client data & documents.
The unit is comprised of experienced project managers, solicitors, barristers and paralegals who combine their skills with various technology solutions. The digital transformation has fundamentally changed the importance of generating more value from data by using technology to extract, refine and analyse information to give clients the opportunity to improve decision making. Our team assists clients in distilling data by combining our experience with innovative technologies to harness the power of information and provide meaningful insights.
This service is combined with the principles of effective legal project management to ensure clients realise the benefits of a controlled project-based approach that minimises risk and achieves the successful delivery of goals. We work both independently and alongside Arthur Cox deal teams and with clients’ servicers and advisors to support a transaction from setting up the workflow processes through implementation and post transaction document management, including hosting data sites to manage high volumes of documents.
We have extensive experience running large eDiscovery projects, data investigations, sale and purchase of large loan portfolios, legal document due diligence and remediation projects.
As a Data Analytics Manager you will strategically support the firm’s innovative and rapidly growing Projects and Data Management Unit.
You will work as part of a team using innovative and market leading software as well as bespoke workflow techniques in a uniquely interesting and challenging legal services environment.
You will play a central role in the development of the Unit from a technical delivery perspective, and will support the operations of the unit on a day to day basis. This will involve the creation of new workflows – unique within the Unit and the firm as a whole, and you will help develop the Unit’s offering in the area of data analytics and technology.
You will create detailed data visualisation reports and provide expert insight into the contents of large scale data sources. You will also have oversight of the Unit’s use of a sophisticated suite of legal technology products – and will assist clients by offering unique technology-based solutions to data management and data visualisation issues.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of innovative workflows and solutions in the areas of data analytics, eDiscovery and legal innovation technology.
- Creating and developing detailed best practice protocols in all aspects of data analytics, eDiscovery and legal innovation technology.
- Supervising the work of junior analysts and ensuring that deliverables and targets are met.
- Supervising the production of detailed analyses of data for presentation to clients, Partners or other AC personnel.
- Advising the firm and its clients in niche areas such as data processing, data management and production of material.
- Overseeing the administration of software licensed by the firm with support from junior analyst(s) – liaising with software providers at a senior level and AC representatives at senior level within the firm.
- Liaising with the firm’s IT Director on all issues related to the software associated with the work carried out within PDMU.
- Attendance and contribution to PDMU or other management meetings – working in collaboration with other senior team members to oversee the administration of the Unit.
Qualifications, experience and characteristics will include:
- Third Level qualification or higher in a relevant area
- Previous industry experience of relevant eDiscovery and data analytics software and processes essential, preferably in a large professional services firm or consulting organisation at a senior level.
- Excellent communication skills to include the ability to explain highly technical and analytical concepts in a digestible and understandable manner to individuals at all levels of technical ability.
- Excellent people skills to include working within a team and the ability to motivate and supervise more junior members of staff.
- Excellent operational planning, organisation / work management skills to get through a heavy workload with the team effectively and efficiently.
- Excellent analytical and interpretative abilities – with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to digest a large volume of complex information quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent commercial understanding of the provision of legal services and the approach taken by large professional services firms – with a focus on resolving client problems in a strategically focused manner taking into account project goals and objectives.
- Candidates should be proactive, have the ability to take ownership and responsibility, have a “can do” approach, be able to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests. To work well under tight timelines with a project focused management outlook.
- Previous performance of more junior industry roles to include coding/programming ability desirable.
- Previous experience with projects involving structured data desirable.
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer
Download the full job spec here