This is an exciting hands-on role in a fast-paced environment with particular focus on professional services business development.
Assisting the Bids Manager in coordinating and managing the tender process for the firm including tenders, information proposals and presentations, for large panel reviews and smaller bids undertaken for public and private clients in Ireland and internationally. The candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Bids Manager in evaluating tendering opportunities.
- Reviewing in full what information is required from the Request for Tender (RFT) or Request for Proposal (RFP).
- When necessary, co-ordinating the initial discussion meeting with key partners to coordinate response, management of timelines etc.
- Drafting the tender response, editing drafts and completion of submission.
- The coordination of response material from all fee earners involved.
- Ensuring that all requirements of the RFT/RFP are addressed in full and that the submission response sets out the best possible response in terms of completeness and the requirements of the RFT/RFP.
- Finalising formatting and layout of the hard copy and digital copy of the response documents.
- Working with online tender portals.
- Ensuring proficient time management to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Keeping a tender tracker updated to record all tenders/proposal information for future reference.
- Updating InterAction with client pitch information.
- All administrative tasks involved in the tender process.
A broad range of skills are required to fulfil this role. The preferred candidate will have:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to multi-task and work well in a team as well as use their own initiative
- excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- ability to recognise and adjust priorities as required
- highly motivated, positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and flexibility to work outside normal working hours when necessary
- knowledge of Visio, InterAction, InDesign would be beneficial but not essential as training can be provided
- knowledge of the bid process within the professional services environment would be beneficial but not essential as training will be given.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a corporate environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Third level qualification required
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer