Assistant Project Manager
Senior Manager Project Development and PDMU Management Team
Overview of PDMU
The Projects & Data Management Unit is a business unit within the firm that co-ordinates large legal document management and review projects. Our service offering includes using innovative workflows and cutting edge technologies to assist in the efficient, accurate and cost-effective review and management of large volumes of client data & documents.
The unit is comprised of experienced project managers, solicitors, barristers and paralegals who combine their skills with various technology solutions. The digital transformation has fundamentally changed the importance of generating more value from data by using technology to extract, refine and analyse information to give clients the opportunity to improve decision making. Our team assists clients in distilling data by combining our experience with innovative technologies to harness the power of information and provide meaningful insights.
This service is combined with the principles of effective legal project management to ensure clients realise the benefits of a controlled project-based approach that minimises risk and achieves the successful delivery of goals. We work both independently and alongside Arthur Cox deal teams and with clients’ servicers and advisors to support a transaction from setting up the workflow processes through implementation and post transaction document management, including hosting data sites to manage high volumes of documents.
We have extensive experience running large eDiscovery projects, data investigations, sale and purchase of large loan portfolios, legal document due diligence and remediation projects.
You will operate as an assistant project manager in a functional/technical role in our PDMU team with a focus on delivering projects to both our external clients and other internal projects throughout the firm.
You will be responsible for assisting in the creation of a project plan (RAID), ongoing implementation through working/steering group management and communicating with the key stakeholders to complete the assignment. We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in project management who can deliver projects in a client-facing environment using tools such as Powerpoint, Excel, Microsoft Projects and Word to provide clear visualization’s throughout the lifecycle of the project.
This role also involves the management and analysing of data to add value to clients by providing meaningful insights through the transformation of data into results for decision making. This typically encompasses obtaining large volumes of data from a client or exporting information through our databases into excel and producing a client ready deliverable which summarises this information into simplified dashboards or easy to read reports.
We will provide you with support to develop your skillset through formal training opportunities where necessary and on the job training so you are equipped to successfully deliver your role and advance your career.
Arthur Cox is seeking an experienced Assistant Project Manager to support its growing Projects and Data Management Unit.
The successful candidate will support the work done in the unit from a technical and analytical perspective to include the following:
- Producing project plans using a RAID log and PowerPoint to manage the weekly updates of the main stakeholders/workstream leads to effectively communicate the RAG status of each workstream to steering groups.
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised throughout the project to manage the weekly updates and collate the information from the relevant parties to create the weekly pack for steering.
- Attending meetings and drafting minutes for the key actions, decisions, risks, dependencies. This includes identifying owners for each task with a delivery deadline to monitor and track any slippage which could impact the wider project.
- Preparing written project communication materials including project management progress and other relevant reports which are circulated to the client and other third parties.
- Manage projects, with a particular focus on strong project management and other areas such as organisational design, communications, stakeholder engagement and training, process improvement and performance improvement.
- Work in a team environment where you will multi-task, support colleagues and produce quality client deliverables across a number of different engagements.
- Develop and foster relationships through effective project management and communication with both the client and colleagues across various practice groups within the firm.
- Present data in the form of dashboard reports or easy to read visuals/tables using excel or other business intelligence platforms such as PowerPivot or Tableau. This report should be supplemented with strong written and oral communication skills that give a synopsis of the information which can be interpreted by senior level management by viewing the key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Assisting in the scoping and delivery of analytical projects by establishing the requirements and outputs at the start of the project in order to design the inputs and advise on the data required to be able to produce the desired report to the client.
- Liaise with members of the PDMU who are involved in specific projects to ensure the message to the client is centralised and project objectives are met within the agreed timeline.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Business or a related field OR a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent from a recognised international accounting institution)
- Project Management qualification is an advantage
- Previous industry experience, to include experience in processing large volumes of unstructured data using excel or BI data visualisation software such as Tableau
- 4+ years’ experience in a consulting environment
- Proven track record on delivery of projects as a PMO support or business analyst
- Capability to work within a team environment and manage competing priorities in a changeable environment
- Comprehensive commercial and business acumen
- Strong project/programme management skills
- Strong Microsoft Project skills, along with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills
- Excellent analytical and interpretative abilities – with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to digest a large volume information quickly and efficiently
- Excellent operational planning, organisation / work management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidates should be proactive, have the ability to take ownership and responsibility, have a “can do” approach, be able to react quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests. To work well under timelines and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer
Download the full job spec here