Arthur Cox Finance Department – Professional Support Lawyer
Purpose of the role
To support the lawyers in our busy Finance Department, focusing on financial regulatory topics, across a number of areas outlined below. This is a full-time role, reporting to the Head of Finance. The ideal candidate will have financial regulatory experience (ideally including investment funds). Experience in treasury products (ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA etc.) is also desirable.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge-based resources, including precedents, practice notes, checklists, FAQs etc. on specific topics.
- Developing know-how culture with fee earners within Finance Department.
- Keeping lawyers in the Finance Department up-to-date (on a structured weekly basis, and also via tailored updates as developments occur) on:
- all relevant legal, regulatory and caselaw developments (Irish, European and international); and
- all relevant commercial and practice developments.
- Developing and maintaining content for firm’s knowledge management systems, including an external client-facing microsite.
- Regulatory development tracking in key areas.
- Caselaw tracking on key topics.
- Responding to day-to-day queries on practice points from fee earners across the firm.
- Tracking market practices in Ireland, the UK and relevant EU Member States.
- Promoting and monitoring consistent internal practices.
Learning & Development
- Arranging Department-wide seminars on topical issues.
- Designing and delivery of L&D programmes for finance fee earners, including workshops for trainees, new-qualifiers, junior and senior associates.
- Working closely with the L&D team to identify non-technical learning needs for finance fee earners.
- Drafting client briefings, thought-leadership pieces, horizon-scanning notes and other external publications.
- Assisting in arranging client seminars/webinars and knowledge-based client education.
Skills, experience and attributes required of the ideal candidate
- Minimum 4 years relevant PQE in a top tier law firm.
- Financial regulatory experience essential, ideally including investment funds.
- Experience in treasury products (ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA etc.) desirable.
- Excellent drafting skills, communication skills, presentation skills, project management skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to influence senior individuals.
- Positive attitude, with an ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work flexibly on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Demonstrated interest in learning and development and design and delivery skills.
- Demonstrated interest and literacy in IT.
To submit your CV for consideration for this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.