Purpose of the role
To support our Corporate (M&A) Group, across a number of areas outlined below, including assisting with current awareness, knowledge management and technical training initiatives in conjunction with the existing Corporate PSL, aimed at delivering quality, consistency and efficiency for the Group’s fee-earning lawyers.
The successful applicant will work closely with the existing Corporate PSL, the Corporate (M&A) Practice Team Leaders, the Corporate (M&A) L&D partners, the Head of L&D and the Head of Corporate.
Key tasks will include:
Current awareness and technical queries
- Producing monthly updates and timely alerts (including key legal and relevant industry developments, new legislation, case-law, and other items of current awareness) for internal circulation, and assisting existing Corporate PSL in preparing client bulletins and other publications.
- Monitoring new and proposed relevant Irish and EU legislation, including in particular any legislation which amends or impacts upon the Companies Act 2014.
- Respond to queries on technical issues and providing legal research and legal technical content as requested.
- Attending relevant external events (including seminars, roundtables and workshops).
- Collecting, profiling and reviewing ‘know-how’ submitted from fee-earners (including sample transaction documents, client advice and research – that have a ‘know-how’ value), and maintaining within the internal Knowledge Management system.
- Development of content for, updating and maintaining the internal Corporate (M&A) intra-net page (including blog posts, links to practical resources, ongoing L&D Programmes).
- Overseeing the creation of electronic transaction bibles and maintaining of internal catalogue of electronic bibles.
- Assisting existing Corporate PSL in the drafting, reviewing, updating and maintaining of M&A precedents and internal practice notes (“firm views” and agreed positions on technical issues).
- Assisting in promoting a knowledge sharing culture in the Corporate (M&A) Group and across the firm, and collaborating with PSLs in other practice groups on shared areas of technical interest, firm views and best practices.
- Liaising with Marketing Group in relation to deal lists, submissions and publications.
Learning & Development
- Organising internal seminars on topical issues (including monthly round table discussions for the Corporate (M&A) Group, and bespoke technical training programmes for junior associates/ senior associates as required).
- Coordinating internal training programmes for each new rotation of trainees, newly qualified associates and new-joiners.
- Assisting fee-earners with the preparation of materials and content for internal training events and external seminars.
- Working closely with the L&D team to identify non-technical learning needs and to design and deliver L&D programmes for corporate fee earners.
Skills, experience and attributes required of the ideal candidate
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Lawyer (ideally 2-4 years PQE) with experience in private practice, preferably gained as an M&A associate.
- Strong academic background.
- Demonstrated interest in learning and development and design and delivery skills.
- Demonstrated interest and literacy in IT.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Project management and organisation skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence senior individuals.
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, and also collaboratively as part of a team.
Key internal relationships
- Corporate (M&A) Team Leaders.
- Existing Corporate PSL.
- Corporate (M&A) L&D Partners.
- Head of Learning & Development.
- Head of Corporate.
Please email your CV to email@example.com*.
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer
*Please note that applications and any related documents, including interview notes where applicable will be kept for a period up to 24 months before being permanently deleted. If you require your details to be removed from our files after 13 months, please let us know by emailing us at the above address.