Arthur Cox’s PSL function is essential to the delivery of current awareness, knowledge management and technical training initiatives, which are aimed at delivering quality, consistency and efficiency for the firm’s fee-earning lawyers and underpin the firm’s commitment to excellent client service delivery. The firm is presently seeking to grow its Corporate PSL function.
The successful applicant will work closely with the existing Corporate PSL, the Corporate (M&A) Practice Team Leaders, the Corporate (M&A) L&D partners, the Head of L&D and the Head of Corporate.
Current awareness and technical queries
- Producing monthly updates and timely alerts, both internal and client-facing.
- Monitoring new and proposed legislation.
- Responding to queries on technical issues.
- Attending relevant seminars, roundtables and workshops.
- Collecting, profiling and reviewing ‘know-how’ submitted from fee-earners, within the internal Knowledge Management system.
- Developing content for, updating and maintaining the internal Corporate (M&A) intranet page.
- Drafting, reviewing and updating M&A precedents and internal practice notes.
- Assisting in promoting a knowledge sharing culture across the firm, and collaborating with PSLs in other practice groups on shared areas of technical interest.
Learning & Development
- Organising internal seminars and training.
- Assisting fee-earners with the preparation of materials for internal training events and external seminars.
- Working closely with the L&D team to design and deliver L&D programmes for corporate fee earners.
Skills and experience
- Qualified legal practitioner with experience in private practice, preferably gained as an M&A associate.
- Demonstrated interest in learning and development and design and delivery skills.
- Demonstrated interest and literacy in IT.
- Excellent written and communications skills.
- Project management and organisation skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence senior individuals.
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage multiple projects and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, and also collaboratively as part of a team.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arthur Cox is an equal opportunities employer